Ford F650 Superduty Truck
More Work Ready Than Ever
Only in a Ford medium-duty truck do you have the option of going with gasoline power. It’s the powerful 6.8L gas V10, now available in F-750 as well as F-650 models. If you operate a snowplow, aerial lift, hydraulic hoist, pump or other power equipment, diesel power is not your only option. That’s because the Ford-built TorqShift® HD 6-speed automatic transmission with the 6.8L offers available stationary power takeoff (PTO) provision.
- Impressive power ratings of 320 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque
- Lower purchase price (vs. diesel)
- Stationary PTO provision available with the Ford TorqShift® HD 6-speed automatic
- CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package available for emissions-friendly conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG) or propane autogas
Ford F650 Truck Features
TorqueShift®HD 6-Speed Automatic – Double Overdrive
Ford V8 turbo diesel and V10 gas engines are paired with a single transmission that’s designed to match the specific requirements of your application. It’s the Ford TorqShift® HD 6-speed automatic. Torture-tested over many thousands of miles on end, at temperatures to – 40°F.
- Key-life tested with the Ford Power Stroke® turbo diesel at customer-equivalent 350,000 miles
- 3-plate, 2-stage torque converter is designed to handle the heavy power loads of medium-duty applications; fewer rpm are required because the torque converter locks up at lower speeds (down to 900 rpm)
- Robust gearsets upgraded with extra pinion gears for strength and durability
- High-capacity, high-efficiency dual-media fluid filter extends fluid change interval to 150,000 miles, helping lower maintenance downtime
- SelectShift® feature with two driver-initiated modes: Progressive Range Select limits the range of gears to lock out overdrive for consistent speed over hills; Full Manual Mode provides control up and down the gearbox
- Selectable tow/haul mode compensates for grade and load and reduces gear hunting, improving power delivery
- Engine braking and selective gearing improve control on downhill grades and help minimize brake wear
- Available Live-drive power takeoff provision features PTO output gear linked directly to the engine crankshaft, so power is available anytime, whether the truck is in motion or stopped (stationary, mobile and split-shaft- capable modes with turbo diesel; stationary mode with gas engine)
CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package
The 6.8L Triton® V10 gas engine offers a CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package for conversion to compressed natural gas or propane autogas. Both are effective ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Included are hardened engine intake valves plus exhaust valves and valve seats.*
Cloth 40/20/40 Fixed Driver and 2 passenger seats with Fold down console
The available 40/20/40 split front seat includes an armrest with built-in cupholders for added convenience.